Collaborative Practice is focused on client goals and interests, and offers a method of achieving flexible yet legally-binding solutions out of court. It is an interdisciplinary approach aided by a team of legal, financial and family professionals with expertise and guidance to assist people to peacefully reach a sustainable settlement.
Dr. Kris can assist you and your partner throughout the process as your family professional. Her assistance can include:
(For a video of me explaining my role, click here)
- creation of a parenting plan that keeps children in the forefront and away from conflict
- discussions of how decisions about your children and their new routines will be established according to their needs, growth and developmental stages
- acting as a "neutral" in team meetings to better manage the emotional concerns that may occur and improve communication between all participants
- assisting you to bring your best self to team meetings so your emotional responses are not at odds with your interests
- developing boundaries and safety planning to reduce conflict
- planning and implementing disclosure of the separation to the children
- ongoing therapeutic support for the children
- adjustment to rebuilding the family
- parenting co-ordination
I am a best4all Professional. For more information about Collaborative Practice in Waterloo Region, visit the Best4All website here.